Monday, July 1, 2013

Ready to test!

Ok, I think we're at a stage where we can begin testing.

  • First, measuring CO2 at different heights of the big tub. Hoping it will answer a question I have about how fast the CO2 will sink since it is much denser than air. Measure the concentration low, middle, high with the grey wolf given a known ppm.  
  • I have calculated the ppm CO2 (by weight and by volume (for those of you playing at home, its only .16% different)) we will be adding to each of our containers per mL of CO2 we add from a large syringe.
  • I measured and calculated the actual volume of our enclosures +/- 2% for the bucket, and +/- 5% on the enclosure.  These measurements were about 10% off from the listed size of the bucket, and less than 1% off for the enclosure.
  • I should be able to show my team and whoever else the bubbles floating on the CO2 that we were going to employ at Tech Fest. I'll insert a video later today 
Parsons

1 comment: